Learn how to surf at the best surf spot in South of Spain Andalusia!
The area around Conil-El Palmar has the best surf spots for learning how to surf
Surf Spots in South of Spain Conil El Palmar
Some of the best surf spots in southern Spain are located right by the city of Conil El Palmar, where you can also find our surf camp. Especially between autumn and spring, you’ll find some of the best waves on the Costa de la Luz in this area. Around Conil and El Palmar, there are sandy beaches as far as the eye can see. The whole stretch is about 18 km, starting at the “Cabo Trafalgar” and going way beyond the city of Conil with mostly finely grained, white sand. The area is rarely overcrowded.
Here at our house spot in Conil, you’ll have the opportunity to learn how to surf in the best possible conditions for beginners or rent your surf boards from us. Since there are no reefs, rocks or dangerous currents present here, our beach is perfect for beginners as well as intermediates. With our own training zone at the beach, our spot is never overcrowded, as so many others often are.
Conil de la frontera – Rio Salado
- By far the best surf spot for beginners in Andalucia!
- A broad, sandy beach without rocks or currents – ideal for taking your first steps on the board.
- Great fun for all skill levels.
- Because of our designated training area, you can safely learn without other people overcrowding the water.
- Our house Surf spot is a five minute walk away from the city center of Conil.
Conil – Fontanilla
- To the right of Conil
- Few rocks present
- Recommended for beginners and intermediates.
- Broad, sandy beach with few rocks
- Ideal for surf lessons and intermediates.
- Broad sandy beach with some rocks.
- Usually with beautiful waves but can be overcrowded
- Best suited for early morning rides
Caños de Meca
- Sandy beach with rocks
- Not always suitable for beginners
- Intermediate and pro surfers and longboarders will find gorgeous waves here
- Access over rocks, not suitable for beginners!
- Beautiful and long running waves for locals and pros
- A good spot for learning when everywhere else on the coast is too crowded
- Only smaller waves in a protected bay area